Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Master Chef in the Making





I was gently reminded that I forgot to tell everyone that Kade helped make the scalloped potatoes for Easter dinner! He cut perfect 1/8 inch slices and layered that cheese and cream like a pro.

Actually, Kade is quite the cook. He surprised the heck out of me on one of our first dates. We made dinner together and I was fully expecting him to just make jokes and watch me cook. Nope. He dove right in. Maybe that's why I let him kiss me for the first time that night! ;-)

I not only appreciate Kade's help in the kitchen, I enjoy it. It's fun to cook together. And we make a pretty good team. Probably because Kade doesn't complain when he has to be my sous chef!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Of course he's a great cook! He made the wiener sandwich, didn't he???

By the way, the jam we made is SUPER EASY. And we didn't really use a 'recipe' except for the 'Quick & Easy' directions inside the box of Sure-Jell pectin. It's basically:
Wash & cut your berries.
Mash the berries.
Mix berries & sugar & let sit.
Boil pkg of pectin & water.
Mix pectin into berries/sugar.
Put in containers & let sit 24 hours before you put it in the freezer.
VOILA! You are MUCH MORE savvy in the kitchen than me, so you could whip this out in no time. :-)