Friday, March 7, 2008

Megan's Listen This



When blog surfing, I'm always fascinated by the music people post. Almost always, I'm surprised by at least one or more of their selections. It makes me wonder, why is that song important enough to post? Or is it just random?

I know. I'm SUCH a deep thinker! My taste in music is so diverse, and my play list is always changing. So I decided to create my own version of iTunes Celebrity Play List, and invite y'all in to the songs I have listed on my player (for the moment). And for those of you that think they're probably all about Kade, well, you're WRONG-O!


I'll Stand By You
by
The Pretenders

A classic! I heard this song recently and it tore at my heart. It reminds me of someone very important in my life. Even though we don't always see eye to eye - on a lot of things - I'm still a lot like you and "nothing you confess can make me love you less." Great lyrics and AWESOME vocals. I love Chrissie Hynde.

I Will Love You by Fisher
This is such a beautiful, almost haunting song. It reminds me of my beautiful Momma. She promised me that she will be here forever. And I'm taking her up on that offer.

Just Like Honey by The Jesus and Mary Chain
Can you believe that this song was released in the 80's?! Ok, maybe it's just my affinity for all those John Hughes flicks. I don't know, I just like it. But don't listen too carefully to the lyrics..wink, wink. And if you do, interpret as you wish.

Stolen by Dashboard Confessional
I'm not usually into the emo scene. But I like D.C.. And yes, this one MIGHT be about Kade. It better be! Who else is stealing my heart?! It's such a sweet song. My favorite lyric: "We all look like we feel." That just about sums up love in six words.

Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park
Linkin Park is such a heavy band, I LOVE when they do softer songs. Their song "My December" is an all-time fave of mine. This song is just a fave of the moment. It kinda reminds me to just keep going. That things will work out. That tomorrow is another day.

Long Trip Alone by Dierks Bentley
OK, let's just get this out the way: How can you not just melt when you hear that voice? OH MY GOODNESS! OK - my hot flash is over... where was I? Oh, yeah! The love of my life taught me a very important lesson that I SHOULD have learned a long time ago. This life isn't meant to be lived alone. You need other people AND most importantly, other people need you. Not necessarily your significant other - everyone around you.

Landslide by Steve Nicks
Some of you might remember this as the song my dad and I danced to at my reception. I LOVE the raw emotion that steeps from the live version. My dad is pretty much my hero. He taught me just about everything I know, including climbing mountains. Like Stevie said, this is for you Daddy.


P.S. Want your own playlist? Check out Project Playlist.

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

I'm so bad, I turn off the speakers when I check blogs because I just want to sit here in silence and read...music distracts me so I never listen....sorry. I do love Landslide though so I may go give it a listen!