Monday, March 3, 2008

Mom's Hi-YAH!



RE: Mom's Blog Fan Club

I know there's a lot of people out there surfing "Marsha's Manic Moments" for an update. Yes, my mom has a fan club. I've known it for years. But I didn't realize the extent. There's a lot of people out there that love her just as much as I do. It's quite humbling, really. So, as her "unofficial" personal assistant, I feel obligated to feed your inquiring minds and caring hearts.

Mom's doing OK. Notice the wordage? She went through her third round of chemo last Friday. And despite her Super Woman powers, treatment hit her harder than ever this time. Previous treatments took a few days to kick in. This one hit the very next day. But she was able to move from the bed to the couch yesterday to watch a DVR'd Project Runway with me. Then, to Dad's dismay, we watched the Food Network for two hours! She's still feeling pretty crummy today, but is slowly regaining her strength.

That said, Mom is still in kick-butt mode. She sees the brighter side, and knows that she's on the down-hill slide to treatment number six. She knows what it's going to take to Hi-Yah this cancer right in the kisser. And she's doing it. That said, I must remember one thing in all of this: Even though Mom is a super-star hero, she is still a human being. She hurts, she cries, and gets sad just like me. And besides, "Even heroes have the right to bleed."

The phone really isnt' her best friend right now. But emails, letters, cards and blog comments are welcome. Oh yeah, and plenty of thoughts and prayers! Thanks to all of those who offer your support. She's felt lots of love come her way recently. Just keep it coming - I don't want her to lose that lovin' feeling!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, I've been thinking of your mom EVERY day and was really happy when I called last week to talk to her that she had gone to Moses Lake with you to see Brandon, Kort and the girls. I'm bummeed to hear how this treatment hit her so hard. I was going to call her today (thinking that she might be feeling a little better after the treatment on Friday) but I'll wait a few more days. Let her know if SHE feels like calling to call me, that I'm only not calling because you said not to! I love her so much!

barlows said...

Okay, I wanna hire you as my personal assistant, too, cuz you are doing an amazing job! And let's face it, the really important things, like Rami getting into the finals of Project Runway, will help you AND your mom to get through this one day at a time. Loves to your whole family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,
I know we don't talk often enough but I am thinking of your family every day and praying for ya. I love you guys!! Sherrie

Erin said...

Oooooh, I'm sending huge hugs your mom's way!!! It's so hard to see such amazing people have to get so sick, but I know your mom will kick this thing! And your dad is so sweet to be the supporter & endure the TV shows he doesn't even want to watch. If we were there Sarah, me, and my mom would soooo be there watching PR with you guys. You're such a sweet "assistant"!!!

Jerolyn said...

sending love and prayers via the internet!!!