Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was a quiet one at the Craner residence.

Friday
I took Mom to Twin for Chemo round #4. Then we did a little shopping afterwards! And hit up Chili's for some Chicken Enchilada Soup and Molten Chocolate Cake. ;-)

Saturday
I started painting our bedroom after MONTHS of procrastinating. The paint color is Mountain Elk - for the hunter in the family. Our bedroom is pretty small, and I was afraid the dark color would shrink it into non-existence. On the contrary - it made the room more spacious. Kudos to me! Mom surprised me that afternoon by coming over to help paint. She is a lifesaver. I still have to cut in at the ceiling and do some more trim work. I'll post some pics tomorrow maybe.

Sunday
We woke up Sunday to a BEAUTIFUL Easter morning. Went to church and couldn't wait to get home to eat. I should have taken pics - but I didn't. No ham in sight for our Easter dinner. We had horseradish crusted prime rib, scalloped potatoes, balsamic glazed roasted onions, broccoli and rolls. I prepped everything the night before and threw it in the oven that morning. Thank goodness for modern technology and the oven timer. Dad came over for dinner while Mom slept. I guess she pretty much slept all day and night. She must have needed it. Oh, and Kade made me up a cute Easter basket full of candy. Like my butt needs more Peeps in it's life!

Mom looked great this morning when I dropped Roxy off at "Grandma's Doggy Daycare." I hope #4 is a lucky number (it is my fave) and doesn't slam her like round #3 of chemo did. She just needs to rest, and rest and rest! We need Grandma Nelson feeling good this weekend for Fallon's blessing. I can't wait to see all my nieces!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

See??? I knew you would make a kick-butt Easter dinner!!! I'm glad your mom is resting, and I hope she isn't so run-over like the last round. And good for you for painting your bedroom...I've been planning to paint ours for almost 8 years now. It's still white. I just don't want to jump the gun in case the styles change, ya know???