Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day 2008 in IP

As usual - we (the Nelson family, minus Brandon) spent Labor Day weekend in Island Park. But this time, we were treated to some new company! Kade's sister Keriann, and her two girls, Lacey and Khali joined us. It was so fun having them there. It was a full cabin around meal time with everyone including Dusty, Joyce and Fallon, but it was so much fun.

We pretty much accomplished the usual: slept in, ate way too much, went four-wheeling, went to West Yellostone (FYI: the IMAX Bear movie wasn't that good), played games and RELAXED! Keriann, Lacey, Khali, Kade and I also floated the river. But silly me, forgot my camera. We even saw a moose right in the water! Good thing Joyce was there to snap a few shots for us. Her and chicken Dusty (who wouldn't go on the float trip) dropped us off and parked our car for us at the end. I also have pics of the girls and Kade at the top of Sawtelle, but they are on yet another camera! I just couldn't quite get everything together for this post. But I'm leaving for North Dakota tonight, and didn't want to wait any longer to blog!

Even though the weather didn't really cooperate with us, it was still lots of fun. We made lots of memories just talking and giggling!


{The infamous marble games at the cabin are so much fun!! Keriann won two rounds. Lucky!! That didn't make Mr. Pouty - who will remain nameless - very happy!}

{Feeding the fish at Big Springs. It was FREEZING!!}

{Kade and the girls made a trip to the top of Sawtelle Peak. The pics from on top are on Kade's camera. They said it was FREEZING on top, so they didn't stay long.}

{Of course, Miss Fallon gave us plenty of hours of entertainment - even though her and Grandpa spent most of their time outside with Roxy! Doesn't Mom look so cute?}

{Khali, Lacey, Keriann, Kade and I. The girls bought their coats in YW for $7! What a deal.}

Thanks for such a fun time everyone. Can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Fun pictures. North Dakota??? I think Marsha's hair looks so cute! I think short is a good look for her.

jeff and char said...

how fun i love island park i want to go right now, o wait i have a kid in school now, it puts a damper on the picking up and leaving oppertunities! have a fun trip to nd!!