Friday, September 12, 2008

The Burger Bar

Kade knows that I love the Food Network (FN). So he tolerates it, like I tolerate ESPN.
But he absolutely HATES Guy Fieri and his show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (DD&D). Kade hates Guy's hair - and the way he wears his sunglasses on the back of his head. And probably because the FN over plays the show to death - but I still like it. And the purpose of the show is to show you new places to eat!

Well, on my way home from ND - and the SLC airport, I was trying to decide where to eat for lunch. I wrestled back and forth with trying something new, and my old, standby favorites. I mean I was in the big city, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat well.

I suddenly remembered an particular episode of DD&D about a burger joint in Roy, Utah. Who would have guessed? An episode in Roy, Utah about a burger joint. So I whipped out my cell phone's Map Quest, and I was on my way to enjoy some greasy goodness at the Burger Bar!

Oh my yum! This place had certainly earned it's right onto DD&D. I ordered a cheeseburger, onion rings and a strawberry lemonade. I was a little disturbed they didn't have Diet Pepsi - but I was sure thankful they didn't, because that Strawberry lemonade was DELISH! The best I've ever had. And those onion rings - TO DIE FOR! The best I've ever had. Oops, did I already say that? The cheeseburger was good. Not the best I've ever had. But I think that was my fault, since I didn't order their specialty - the Big Ben. But I'm glad it was a little bitty burger, cause those onions rings would have put me over the top.
Actually, to top it all off - the damage to my wallet was less than $5!! Can you believe that? I couldn't.

See, watching the FN is good for you - KADE!
Although my waistline would probably disagree. Good thing it can't talk!

8 comments:

Marsha said...

I wanna go??

caralee said...

Hey Megan!

Rick loves the Burger Bar. If we are passing through around lunchtime/dinnertime he tries to talk me into stopping. It is good, but sure not good for the waistline.

When are you coming up this way again? Make sure to stop and say 'hi'.

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

Hey Megan--cute blog! I was going to browse through your Pioneer Woman link, but ended up spending the last hour there! What a great site--I'm totally going to have to try some of those recipes!

Megan said...

Wahoo! It's Caralee. So where's your blog?! Tell Rick I'll go to the Burger Bar with him whenever he wants!!

caralee said...

My blog was started a year ago and has 3 posts. lol. I have always loathed writing, so I just read all of my friend's blogs.

I heart pioneer woman too. She has some fabulous recipes and I love her writing style.

So, I would love to get together some time. We rarely go to Burley anymore now that my parents live in Pocatello. SO, the next time you drive by IF, you must stop! No more trips to Island Park without at least a stop by my house. alrighty Missy?!

Megan said...

You have a blog Caralee and you're not giving me the address!! I promise we will get together soon. How are your parents doing in Poky?

jeff and char said...

you crack me up i love reading your blog, the burger joint sound good!!!

Erin said...

Okay, it is 11:40pm, and I'm already hungry because I should be in bed. And now I totally want one of those burgers--for under 5 bucks!!! Sounds so yummy. Now I'm going to bed before I raid the refrigerator.