Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gunpowder and Lead

I saw this on Yahoo's Dear Margo today.


What To Do When Wild Bill Hickok Lives Next Door
Thu Sep 18, 2:00 AM ET

DEAR MARGO: We have a neighbor who we feel is unhinged. We have concerns not only for our safety, but for that of our other neighbors. "Joe" loves guns, and there is nothing wrong with that, but his use of them verges on the fanatical. Joe likes to hold target practice in his backyard. My husband, who is certified as a firearms instructor, tried talking to him about the hazards not only to Joe's children but also to others. Joe's shooting target is only 20 yards from where his children play, and they are in the yard playing when he is shooting. Joe ignored us. My husband had our attorney send Joe and his wife a letter telling them they needed to stop, since some of the bullets were coming onto our property. He refused. In fact, the next time he went out to shoot, his wife pointed a video camera at our kitchen window, yelled obscenities and gave us the finger. Meanwhile, Joe is shooting away. And I don't mean standing-still shooting; I mean rolling on the ground and then shooting from a prone position. He dresses in black and carries his handgun around all the time -- and brags about it. Should we contact the authorities? My husband is thinking of trying to reason with Joe again, but I am terrified. What do you think?

--- SCARED OUT OF MY WITS IN NORTH CAROLINA

Um...I'm so glad this happened in North Carolina and NOT IDAHO!

Actually, if this had happened in Idaho, the guy wouldn't be in all black, he'd be in full camo!

(Hi Kade!)

BTW - there is nothing funny about child endangerment. I just thought the rest was funny.

If you're interested in Margo's response, you can find it here.

1 comment: