Monday, August 11, 2008

Blog Va-Cay



So I've taken a little vacation from blogging. Oops!

I'm sure NO ONE has even noticed.

I have. Lots has happened since I blogged last. I hardly know where to begin.

Brandon's family stayed a week after Mom's party. It was fun to spend time with them. The whole family (minus Kade - and Dusty and Joyce) went to the Twin Falls temple open house together. And we spent Monday night at Hogg's arena for FHE. Dad, Kade and Brandon roped. And the rest of played around and waited for the roasting to begin.

{Piper, Alizah and Hanna at the Twin Falls Temple.}

{Brandon riding Jack and Kade braving grumpy Tyrone}

{Roasting Marshmallows and Hot dogs.}

Brandon and Kortni left the two youngest kids, Alizah and Piper, with my parents for a week after their stay. Mom isn't exactly back to normal, so I was over to the house to help out all week. LOTS OF FUN with the kids who have LOTS OF ENERGY!

In between that, Kade's nephew Clint was baptized in Kuna and confirmed in Melba. So Kade and I spent the weekend in Boise/Kuna/Melba. Thanks Dusty, Joyce and Fallon for letting us crash at your house for the weekend. It's so weird staying at their house - which used to be my house - and sleeping in Dusty's old room! But I'm grateful for their hospitality.

{Hank, Kade and Clint after church.}

Kade and I went to the Twin Falls temple Open house last week as well. It's SO BEAUTIFUL. And very befitting to the Magic Valley area. It's on the smaller side, but nothing short of marvelous. A couple days later, I volunteered to be an usher at the temple. Five hours manning the elevator was enough service for me. But it was fun to people watch!

Kade's boss got married Friday at Sweetheart Manor, during a nasty rain and thunderstorm. It was a very nice ceremony though. Then on Saturday, Mom and I packed up the kids and drove them 8 hours home to Moses Lake. The following morning, we drove back to Burley. It took us 10 hours to get home yesterday, but that's because we took our time and stopped three times.

So, I'm a little exhausted. Can't imagine how Mom is feeling! But it was worth it to spend time with the kids. And the kids were so good too.

I promise to post more pictures ASAP. There's LOTS of them!

Oh, and I have to mention this, because it was the highlight of my weekend. When I got home last night, I walked into a CLEAN HOUSE!! Yep, Kade cleaned the MESSY, DIRTY house I left on Saturday. He cleaned the living room, the kitchen, our bedroom, both bathrooms, the guest room, and even his man cave! (Yes, honey, I noticed.) Wow. What a man I have. I'm a lucky girl. He's been such a peach this last week while the girls were here. (Read: no cooking and cleaning or alone time from me.)

Mmm... peaches. I got some good ones at the fruit stand in Pasco yesterday.
I'm gonna go get me one....



3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, I certainly noticed and missed you! Glad you're back and glad to hear of the news. I wondered how the week went with the kids. Good to know things are good!

jeff and char said...

hey i noticed i am a frequent checker! sounds like you had a fun week!

Sherrie said...

Hey missy, I definitely noticed!! I check almost everyday. I am not sure you know this about me but I am a full time blog stalker!! So please give me a little notice next time k! Glad things are going well! Sher