Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Umbrella..ella...ella


The past week or so, the song "Umbrella" by Rhianna (which I'm sure you've all heard) has been popping up all over. It's been so overplayed and made fun of because of the ELLA, ELLA, EH, EH that I kind of just phase it out when it comes on the radio.

Well, I came across the version by Marie Digby, which is featured in the following youtube video:



It's really a pretty, melodic song. And it has a great message under that Umbrella.

I'm so thankful that I have an umbrella to stand under. Come to think of it, I have many umbrellas to choose from. But I'm thankful for the person who holds the umbrella I want most, and hope that I offer the same service to him. (Read: Kade) No matter what.

It brings tears to my eyes at the very thought of a simple umbrella - the shelter and comfort it brings while that dark cloud of rain hovers over you. And let's hear it for the person who loves you enough to share their umbrella with you, when you can't find your own. On the flip side, it brings tears to my eyes when people won't share their umbrella, or put a price on it. As tattered and broken as that umbrella might be, everyone needs the protection it brings. It's always going to rain, and sometimes it's gonna rain hard. Heck, I just know a freakin' tsunami is in my future one day. But honestly, how much rain hits you instead of that umbrella, is up to you.

Thank you to the multitude that have always, ALWAYS offered me your umbrella.
No matter how bad you wanted to push me face first into a puddle instead.

No comments: