Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom Update


I know lots of you have been wanting a Marsha update, and since she hasn't really felt like blogging much - I'll try and fill you in a bit.

Mom's doing GREAT! It was a LONG and painful couple of weeks after her last chemo treatment. But she's finally feeling better. She's still kind of weak. I offered to buy her a walking stick, and she threw a magazine at me, so at least she's got her spunk back.

She had two Dr. appointments in Twin last week. She had to get a CT scan, and they had to redo her markers, since they previously prepped her for the 5-day radiation treatment. For those of you that don't know, her crappy insurance, provided by Blue Shield of Idaho, refused to pay for the 5-day treatment. So she has to go through radiation for seven and a half weeks now. She has to go to Twin five days a week for 33 days, for 15 minutes of treatment. It takes longer to drive down there, than the actual treatment. Crappy, huh? But she's strong and she'll make it through this last phase. I know she will.

She's supposed to be starting radiation this week, but still hasn't heard from the Dr. yet to schedule her first appointment. So we're just waiting.

I've been so proud of her this past week. After her appointment in Twin, I drug her around shopping and she did so good. Then the next day, she did the same thing with Dad. And she even went to church on Sunday. I know she's looking forward to the day when she can REALLY go shopping with out getting tired! The day will come Mom - and it will come with a vengeance!

UPDATE! Mom posted a blog today - I spoke too soon! Wahoo! Go check it out!

No comments: