Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mom's All Chemo-ed Out!

Wahoo!! Mom just finished her sixth round of chemo on Friday. She is DONE with chemo forever! I'm so proud of her.

Mom's sister, my Auntie Elaine, drove down from Montana and surprised Mom on Thursday. So Elaine and I took Mom to Twin for her last treatment. It was such a treat to have Elaine with us for the weekend. She lifted Mom's spirits tremendously, and I'm thankful for her support. You're awesome Elaine. Thank you for everything. It's such a joy to spend time with you.

Mom took lots of other pictures on Friday. But I will let her share them on her blog when she's feeling better.

I really hope that Mom breezes through this last treatment. But wishful thinking aside, I'm just glad she doesn't have to go through chemo ANYMORE!!

Next up is radiation, about four weeks from now. Keep your prayers coming - the end is near, but it still seems so far away.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Wahoo whitesnake!! I am so happy for Marsha!! You never posted anything about your spa day . . . how was it? K talk to ya soon!

Beth said...

I'm SO glad Elaine got to come and celebrate this last, retched day with your mom. What a good/bad or is is bad/good day that was! I love the picture of her cuddled up with Elaine! That's what sisters are for! She's the sister I never got to have when I was young.

Marsha said...

But now that you're grown up, you are my sista -sista!

Kortni said...

Wow! Only one more month to go. The kids are so waiting for grandma! We are excited!! Kortni