
Yeah! I made strawberry jam for the first time! Well, just freezer jam, because apparently, making real jam is a pain in the butt.
Anyhow, I feel so much better about myself and my homemaking skills! Wow. Now I feel like I need to master my bread making skills to go with that jam. I hate yeast. I truly believe it's my mortal enemy. Yes, one day I will rise above it. I hope.

Thanks go out to my Auntie Elaine, who walked me through the jam session. She taught me all about pectin, yellow Sure Gel, pink Sure Gel, chunky jam and smooth jam. Yes, I made both chunky and smooth. I've only tasted the smooth and so far it's DELISH!
Oh! And Happy Birthday to Elaine today! Hope you had a great day.










2 comments:
Good thing she was here, my pectin was ooold and outdated. Guess I haven't made jam in a good long time.
Does pectin go out of date???? Who knew?? And Megan, you'll "rise above it"??? Ha Ha, talking about yeast and all! Good for Elaine. Is she still there?
Post a Comment