Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Don't Stop Believing




Amid all the crap that's been happening, I have a blessed life. Blessed beyond measure and I don't thank the people around me near enough. Nor do I thank my Heavenly Father enough for the bounties in my life.

During Dad's hospital stay, he was lucky enough to have his own personal nurse. And his nurse happened to be Jolene - someone he had known for close to 25 years. She was also one of Mom's nurses during her hospital stay. Jolene has had her share of hardships and heartaches but is the sweetest person you'd ever meet. Besides providing the best care she could offer, Jolene sat down next to us and shared some wonderful insight. She knew the stress on my Dad's heart and wanted to help relieve that pressure.

She suggested that Dad read a book called "Unlocking the Powers of Faith" by Garth Allred. Then she said the most powerful thing I've heard in a long time.

"Worrying is like being atheist. It's the complete opposite of faith." Pretty blunt way of putting it, huh? But think about it. It completely makes sense. If you can't put your faith in God, do you really believe and trust in Him? Why would you ever choose to literally worry yourself to death, rather than turning your troubles over to Him?

As Jolene spoke, a lifetime of worry flashed through my head like a crash of lightening. I've been a worrier since I was a kid. Heck, I even got the shingles in the 5th grade. What did I have to worry about? Who knows. It was probably because I wasn't going to get straight A's or something dumb like that! But as Jolene talked to my Dad, she probably had no idea that she was talking directly to me too. Yes, one of the many wonderful traits my Daddy and I share!

The next day I ordered the book online for my Dad to read - secretly knowing that I couldn't wait to read it for myself. I'll be sure to report back once I finish the book.


No more tears. No more letting myself get down in the dumps. No more letting the dark side drag me down that alley of pity! Because just as I witnessed a couple of days ago when I found missing Roxy, things do work out. Just as long as you keep believing.

Having faith is hard sometimes, but the Lord knows what he's doing. Thank goodness for that! He is the one that has to figure out all the details. All He expects us to do is have a little faith and take a proactive approach to our time on earth.

Don't stop believing... If Journey can do it - SO CAN I!!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

YES, you can! I love you Megan, you make having faith easier.

Unknown said...

Kade
Im sorry,. The Journey video probably came from here brothers time in the 80s'

Megan said...

It's true, Brandon forced me to listen to Journey ballads all the time!!! Every day on the way to school. The torture! Just teasing.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.