January 2007
Jan. 8
From One "Fertilizer" Job to the Next

Kade started a new job with Helena Chemical Company as Operation's Manager. That title basically means "The Doer of Everything." But he has really enjoyed his new job. I'm so proud of him for making a big change. Even though I never see him in the Spring and Summer.
June Chapman Whittle
May 13, 1925-Jan. 31, 2007
My sweet Grandma Whittle passed away. What a blessing and hardship all in one. I loved her dearly and didn't want to say goodbye, but she had been waiting to go for a long time. Her health had been failing for some time and she was not happy. We traveled to Montana for her funeral, where I gave her life sketch at the funeral. Standing in front of so many people that loved Grandma Whittle was very humbling and intimidating - and one of the hardest things I have ever done. I only hope I gave her the tribute she deserved.

Hanna and Alizah were so sweet at the funeral. And thanks for making me laugh while I was giving the life sketch Alizah. She asked out loud: "Why is Megan crying?" ;-)
February 2007
Feb. 21
Happy 30th B-Day Kade!
Kade turned the BIG 3-0!! It hit him pretty hard - and all I did was laugh at him. I'm not very nice, am I? Don't worry - he gets his revenge in December.
Feb. 27
Dad broke his foot by stepping off a mat at Ag-West. Actually, it was broken before, but hadn't snapped completely until that day.
March 2007
March 5
Foot Surgery for Dad
Weekend in Kuna June 2007 Dusty and Jocelyn Nelson Wedding! July 2007 The 4th of July July 28th or so... Home Sweet Home! Kade moved into our house! Our very own, first house together! We were so excited. Just one step closer to the wedding. Oh yeah, we moved all of my junk into the garage too. Thankfully Kade's family showed up just in time to help us move it all! Thanks guys! The moving crew after all their hard work. The first dinner in our new house. Thanks for the Chinese food Mom and Dad! August 2007 Norman Stedwell "Wag" Wood September 2007 Michael and Xela Culletto Wedding October 2007 Bridal Pictures in Oakley Then the shots with the horse were interesting. My dress got so dirty! But I was so happy with the results. Lindsay Jane Photography rocks! It was dad's birthday that day - so I really appreciate all the hard work he did for me. Cleaning up the horse, hauling the horse and going back to Burley after I realized I forgot my bouquet!! Love you Dad. Fall 2007 RIP Bailey Bailey - the Nelson family dog died. She was at least 12 years old. She was very loving and super protective. She only bit small children and little old ladies because she was scared of them!! We'll miss you Bailey. November 2007 Nov. 2 Check out all of our pictures HERE. Nov. 3 The Nelson/Craner Reception Dad and I surprised everyone with a "Twist" on the traditional father-daughter dance. A little "White Wedding" by Billy Idol mixed in with "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac never hurt anyone! The best part of the reception! As Alizah said: "Grandpa you're funny! You threw your coat on the ground." Don and Marj dancing to their song. Keriann and Kirk going all "Footloose"! No! I really didn't smack Kade in the face! But I sure wanted to after the cake cutting fight! Nov. 5-12 Honeymoon in St. Lucia! One week of Paradise is not enough! Kade surprised me with the honeymoon plans. I didn't find out where we were going until the airport. The trip was full of ups and downs but I wouldn't Then we made to the hotel to find twin beds pushed together to make a King! And then getting kicked out of a restaurant because of a dress code. But once we found Kade some pants - the vacation couldn't have been better! Nov. 13 The Worst News of the Year: Cancer I took Mom to the hospital that morning. She had found a lump in her breast the Saturday before while staying with Grandma Bowen in Rexburg (who had hip surgery). A hospital visit wasn't exactly how I imagined my first day back from my honeymoon. But I wouldn't have been ANYWHERE else than with my mom. News came a couple of days later. Mom had Breast Cancer. And she needed to have surgery ASAP to remove the tumor. I don't remember the last time I cried that hard. Nov. 16 OHS State Champs! The Oakley Hornets became state champs after defeating Troy 46-14 at the Holt Arena in Pocatello. Kade is an assistant coach or defense coordinator I should say! He loves those kids so much and is such a great coach. They look up to Kade in so many ways. My parents, Kade's parents, and his sister Keriann and nieces Lacey, Khali, Tess and nephews Clint and Hank were all there to cheer him on. We're proud of you (State Championship) Coach! Nov. 28 Mom's Surgery Mom was scheduled for an hour and a half lumpectomy. It turned into four hours of pretty major surgery because the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. They had to go in under her arm to remove the nodes. Dad and I were pacing the halls for most of that time. Finally, an exhausted surgeon let us know that she was fine and in recovery. We felt so blessed that she had made it through surgery fine and that the tumor was out of her body. But we faced more bad news. She had Stage II cancer and it was not treatable through hormone therapy. She would require chemotherapy and radiation. Again, I don't remember crying that hard. The next six weeks were hard on Mom. She was stuck in bed while the world turned around her. She struggled, but had great family and friends that took care of her. She needed to rest up for Baby Nelson and Christmas. December 2007 Dec. 20 Fallon J. Nelson is Born! Dusty and Jocelyn's beautiful baby girl was born in Boise, Idaho. She is such a good little baby. Dusty and Joyce are so cute with her and they are going to be great parents. Fallon meets Aunt Megan and Uncle Kade. Dec. 25 Christmas at the Nelsons Dusty, Jocelyn, Fallon, Kade and I went over to the Nelson's for Christmas. It was fun and a little quiet. We opened presents late, then made a lobster, crab and steak dinner. It's so different with out the joy of little kids. We missed you Brandon, Kortni, Hanna, Alizah and Piper. 
Dad had foot surgery and was off his foot for 6 weeks. That was an interesting couple of weeks, wasn't it Mom?!
April 2007
Roxy follows suit and breaks her foot too! I think she finally learned that she can't outrun the horses. She wasn't a happy camper for two months. And even jumped in the canal with her first splint. I guess I didn't make her stay in like she was supposed to.
May 2007
May 3
Mom, Kade and I drove up to Kuna to move my stuff out of Dusty's house. We shoved it all into Dad's snowmobile trailer where it sat until the end of July. It was an emotional weekend - for Mom and Dusty. Most of you should know why. A couple weeks later Dusty and Jocelyn were engaged and planning a wedding for the end of June.
June 30
Dusty and Jocelyn got married at her parent's house in Paul. It was such a beautiful day and night. And Jocelyn looked gorgeous. Having Bishop Garrard perform the ceremony was very special - and dang it - he made me cry! Dusty and Joyce make such a cute couple. I'm so happy for them. But I'm not going to lie - it was kind of hard for Kade and me to watch them get married. We wanted it to be us! But Dusty is my baby brother. How could I not be so overjoyed for him?!! Oh and Hanna and Alizah were the cutest flower girls - EVER!
July 4
Hanna and Alizah spent the 4th of July with Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. So we all loaded into the boat and went for a ride on the Snake River. Alizah was not loving Grandpa's "speed boat". But she warmed up once she heard fireworks were involved. The city does a fireworks show at the boat docks, so we stayed on the river for the best seat in town. Good fireworks and great company. I love spending time with my nieces.
Aug. 3
July 7, 1918-Aug. 3, 2007![]()
Kade's Grandpa Wood passed away due to a severe stroke. It was so hard to visit him in the hospital before he died - but I'm so glad that we did. He knew that his grandson was there and I know he was grateful for those last moments together. The funeral was in Declo the following Saturday. Kade was able to give the family prayer and he made everyone cry.
Sept. 11
Kade and I drove to Ogden, Utah to take engagement pictures. We ended up at Union Station - a historic train station in town. It was lots of fun - and we felt like we were FINALLY getting close to the wedding.
Sept. 21
Michael and Xela got married in the Jordan River Temple in Utah. They had a beautiful reception up the Provo Canyon with some YUMMY Italian food. I'm still thinking about that ravioli! I'm so happy for those two - they deserve nothing but happiness. I'm so glad they invited me to share in their special day.
October 9
We took my bridal pictures at Manning's cabin in Oakley. It was crazy! We had limited time, because I was surprising Kade with the football shots and he was on his way to Oakley as I stood on the 50 yard line!
Oct. 27
I went through the temple for the first time in Logan. It was such a special day and one I will never forget. My parents, Kade's parents, my bestest friend Kelli and Kade were all there. We went to the Bluebird for lunch afterwards to eat. Their rolls and jam are the best. It brought back college memories of Logan.
November was a big month which has shaped our lives and 2008 tremendously.
Kade and I were finally married in the Salt Lake Temple. Wow. That's all I can say. My existing imagination paled in comparison to what that day was like. I couldn't make that stuff up if I tried.
And I couldn't begin to describe it - so I won't.
The Reception! It was time to party with all our friends and family. Even though that night flew by so fast, we will never forget the support we received. Thank you so much to all who sacrificed to be there for us. It wouldn't have been the same with out you.
The bridal party hamming it up. Sherrie, Tasya, Kelli, Meg, Kade, Carnell and Kirk.
trade any one of them! Well, except for getting food poison at the DFW airport! We were so sick!
Megan turns 30!
Kade got his revenge. Can't you tell by the picture?! I turned 30. And he sure rubbed it in. Geez. 30. That's a crazy number. I sure am glad I got married the month before! Right Sherrie?! My parent would have freaked!!! Just kidding. ;-)
Kade gave me this BEAUTIFUL picture. It's hanging in our living room.
Wow. That was a crazy year. Amid all the craziness, I fall to my knees in thanks for the many blessings in my life.










































1 comment:
You are amazing Megan, I love you dearly!
Post a Comment