Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's a Boy!

Well, maybe...

I had all sorts of fun last night performing gender prediction tests! Thanks Char for leading me toward these funnies.

I KNOW - they're just for fun. Don't send me letters people!

Test #1
The Drano Test!



I've been waiting to do the Drano test since I got pregnant! But who in their right mind has Crystal Drano?

For those of you outside the Drano test circle:

The Rules!

Mix two tablespoons of Drano with two ounces of urine in a jar.

If the mixture stays green: It's a girl!
If the mixture darkens into a brownish color: It's a boy!


The Results!

Well, the reviews are mixed.

I thought Kade and my mom were going to get into a wrestling match over the results!
Kade argued that it turned brown. My mom is convinced it was green.
Me? Well, it certainly did darken to a nasty color. It turned brown at first, then went back to a poopy-green color. I'm gonna go with the rule that the color darkened and didn't stay the same. Sorry Mom!

The instructions warned to mix this cocktail outside - and for damn good reason!! It reeked! And I thought it was going to explode! It bubbled up almost outside of the jar. And then the junk inside got really hot - so much that I couldn't hold the jar with my bare hand. Weird.

Oh, by the way doubters:
It predicted Fallon was a girl, so it has to work!

Test #2
Wedding Ring on a String!

The Rules!

Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy.

The Results!

To and Fro! That's how my boy rolls, Yo!

We tried it on my wrist too. Same thing.

Oh boy! Oh boy!

I'm starting to see a pattern here, aren't you?!


Test #3
Chinese Gender Chart!



The Rules!

Cross reference the month of conception to the woman's age at the time of conception.

The Results!

I see a blue square in my future!

Although, I did turn a year older the very next month. So if they are going by just the year, Kade's screwed by a hazy shade of pink!

Dusty called the house after we were done doing the wedding ring on a string. When I told him it said boy, he screamed:

"That's bulls#@!"

Sorry Dusty (and Brandon).

I think this girl is getting the boy!

6 comments:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

How exciting! These tests are fun, I loved hearing Char's and Joce's to see if they came out right! Hopefully you can carry the boy gene so he can take care of all those girls in the family. And Joce and Dusty will just have to keep trying till they get a boy, right?

Beth said...

Test or no test, I've said boy all along. Guess we'll find out imn a few weeks when you have an ultrasound. :)

Megan said...

Trish-

I know! Dusty and Joyce just need to keep trying and trying! I don't care what Dusty says, they are having more than two!

Beth-

I don't get an ultrasound until probably April! I'm kinda frustrated. But my doc doesn't like to do them until after 18 weeks. My next appointment is at 17 weeks! I'm gonna have to wait probably.

Angela said...

Alright alright forget all of these silly test. How do you FEEL. For example there was no doubt in my mind that Julia was a girl. I told everyone that and that is just what I planned for. I also had no doubt in my mind that Madison was a BOY!!! Ok so maybe feelings don't work either:) No one could have convinced me that Madison was a girl. I even doubted the lady doing the sonogram and told her there's no way and she needed to look again:) HA! After all I had already bought boy clothes and only picked out boy names. Well I guess this won't having any baring after all I just said but I "feel" like you are going to have a boy too:)

jeff and char said...

yea the tests are fun and they help pass the time, we all know that you get what ya get i won;t even tell you how my parents think the sex is determined! i am glad you had fun, oh yea the drano reakes and bubbles!!!!!

Erin said...

Dusty's response made me laugh...oh, that would be just a little bit of sweetness for the sister to be able to produce a boy before her brothers could. Can't wait to find out! I know, girl, it's so hard to wait.