Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Most Dramatic Bet {Ceremony} Ever

Kade never learns.

He always makes bets with me. And he always loses.

Well, not always.
But I'm no dummy - I don't make bets with him that I know I'm going to lose.

So...

Last time we made a wager, I won. And what did I win?

Kade had to make dinner for a week.

He was moaning and groaning about it all night after he lost. But then he started getting excited about what he was going to make.

Here are the results...(Seriously, I was expecting Lucky Charms and scrambled eggs all week.)



Day One:
Cambell's Sweet and Tangy Chicken



No this isn't the actual picture (I forgot to take a pic). And no it didn't exactly look or taste sweet and tangy. Sorry Kade. It was just so, so. It had a can of condensed tomato soup in it. BARF!

Day Two:
Corn Salad with Sliced Steak


Look at the presentation! I think I've taught him well. And yes, it tasted as good as it looked. It was YUMMY!! I was so impressed.

Day Three:
BLT's and Mac Salad


There is absolutely nothing wrong with a good ole BLT and Macaroni salad. It was just right that night.

Day Four:
Stevo's Chicken Salads

Yes, even I get take-out for dinner sometimes, so I had to give Kade a break too.

Day Five:
Apple Jelly Pork Roast
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Corn Salad

This was also delish! I was so excited to eat it, I forgot to take a picture before we chowed down. And Kade get's extra credit for making dinner for not only me, but my parents and Dusty and Joyce! My dad and Dusty were not too excited when they found out Kade was making dinner either. But they were pretty impressed with my little man chef after they got done eating! ;-)

Day Six:
Guadalajara


Kade worked hard and long that day. We just wanted some good Mexican food finish out the day.

Day Seven:
Chicken Stir Fry

Roasted Asparagus

Cheesecake




Forgot to take the picture before we ate again! But it was pretty dang tasty. Kade claims he made the recipe up himself. Impressive skills. ;-)



I don't normally love cheesecake, but this stuff was pretty good. Even if it came from Swensen's in Paul!

So any of you wives out there a little bit jealous?

You should be.

My hubby ROCKS!!

In case you were wondering what our bet was, I have this cheeseball to thank for the win:


3 comments:

Richard and Kristen said...

I couldn't be more jealous! A whole week of not having to cook. And it looks so yummy. Cade, do you go on the road?

Marsha said...

I can't believe you watch that stupid show Kade?!

jeff and char said...

that is flippin hilarious, man those were fancy fancy meals, i like to watch that show on the last episode the last 10 minutes i've done it both ways both were truely ENTERTAINING!