Monday, June 15, 2009

Plant a Tree!

Kade has been busting his butt the past couple weeks.

Seriously. I feel guilty.

We went to a tree auction a couple weekends ago and bought 9 trees! We gave three to my mom though. Kade also bought 5 Lilac bushes, a couple burning bushes, a couple other bushes, and a bunch of shrubs and other little bush looking things! I was a little skeptical about where we would put everything.

Oh, me of little faith!

Kade planted everything, and it looks great!

I helped a little bit, by holding up a tree or two, and telling him my design "ideas". He did most of the work while I was away shopping in Boise for the weekend.



Here's a pile of trees, waiting for a home.



Kade dug every hole by hand! He even dug the holes for my mom's trees. He's an animal, I know. Speaking of animals, look at Roxy. She couldn't wait to lay down in some cool dirt. Lazy little dog!


Here's the finished product. I can't wait until the trees mature, and can give us some shade and privacy.


Last summer, Kade hauled in some dirt to make a little hill in the front of our house. It settled more than we thought it would, but it still looks cute. Kade built the little fence all by himself, and planted all the shrubs and plants. I think we will probably fill in the holes with some flowers when we get a chance.

Remember the planter Kade built last year? We finally filled it! Finishing the walkway is next on the list.


Kade even transferred some flowers for me that I've been too lazy to plant.

I think Kade has inspired some of our neighbors to get their yard looking good too! They always glom onto him when he's out working.

We've got a long way to go on our yard, but it's looking great. It looks 100 times better than when we bought the house! Yes, a 100 times better.

Next up is a deck! And hopefully some more trees and bushes to put up a divider for some much needed privacy from our neighbors.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Looking good you guys. Now why would you want some privacy from "snoop dog Rhonda"?? Opps did I say that?

The Nelson's said...

He needs to come do yard work at our house.. me and dusty hate doing it.. but everything is looking good i will have to come check it out next time we are down..