Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Gear

I've finally started to buy some essential baby items (diapers excluded!). Mom and I went to Boise to find a crib and a car seat/travel system. Joyce and Dusty had some good advice on where to go.

This is the crib I FINALLY decided on. We found it at Burlington or Baby Depot, whatever you wanna call it. It's perfect. But called Black Cherry, it was a little darker than the Espresso or Chocolate I was looking for. But I still love it. I better. Mom and I had to stand out in the pouring rain to shove into the suburban on our way out of town. It BARELY fit!

We headed to Sears for a Travel system, and found this cute set! You can't really tell by the picture, but it's got a little bit of blue/teal in the design. It will work great when we have the next baby, and it's a girl! (Wink! Wink!)


The crib set above is not exactly what I thought I would pick. I'm not a huge fan of blue. But it's so cute in person! The red houndstooth, and rich browns totally make up for the blue. The fabric is so luxurious! I found it online and was a little nervous ordering it, but it looks even better in person.

These cute canvas pics went with the bedding set. They are darling and give the whole set a vintage feel. The mobile also has these cute toys.

Hopefully the nursery will resemble the picture above.
I've painted the wall color, but have yet to get the tree silhouette up - oh, and of course settle on a name! No, it's not gonna be Noah! I'm waiting for my mom's steady hand for the tree. So hopefully we'll get things done next week.

I'm getting excited! Only 63 days away. Now if I can figure out all the OTHER STUFF I need. All I seem to buy is clothes! Any suggestions on an essentials shopping list for the next month?

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hey lady here is an idea, save something for the registry for the baby shower!!!!! You are buyin all the good stuff!

Marsha said...

I'm hoping my hand is as steady as you think it is. Can we have anything in the tree?