Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cheese and Men!


Wow. What have I got myself into?! Better yet, what have I got my husband into?!


OK. So I used to watch The Bachelor - a long time ago. Like when it first started. I haven't seen the show since, I think The Bachelorette chick, the one that got married to the hot fireman. Yeah, that was awhile ago. Since they are now married with like two kids or something - so says the Sketchers ad they hawk, which I see often in Entertainment Weekly. Wait!!! I did see the one with the airhead football player, that couldn't remember a girl's name in the MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER!

Since there is a complete void of watchable shows on TV theses days, I decided that I was going to watch The Bachelor this season. Not that it's watchable. Simply for some gooey goodness that I feel I've been missing. Maybe it's a strange pregnancy craving, like pickles and ice cream. I do love me some cheese. Or maybe it's to fulfill my mean streak, by making fun of the girlies they cast. Or maybe it's to make myself feel better. (That's probably the answer!)


Yes, my wonderful husband has been watching The Bachelor along with me.

For reasons I've complied in my head:
A) Because I've been sicker than a dog the past two weeks.
B) He's scared of me pregnant! (I have no idea why!)
C) He's a good husband and just wants to spend time with me.
D) He secretly loves the show, and can't live with out it.

OK. So D isn't the answer. Because if it was, I'd be real scared.

For those of you who indulge in the hot mess which is The Bachelor, it's been quite an interesting season. Where do they pluck these girls from? Planet CrazyUnstableInsecureDesperate - by way of Stalkerville? What the heck? Yes, there are a couple of normal girls, I will admit. It's just sad that the normal girls are the minority.

I'm totally ranting. Back to the real subject matter.....

Kade gives me complete play by play when we watch the show. And he's right every time! After another MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONIES EVER, the bachelor failed to give out the last rose, Kade had things totally figured out.

"That guy is smart," he said. "He totally knows what he's doing by not giving another rose."

Kade then proceeded to unveil the bachelor's good riddance strategy for the next three shows. I won't divulge the details for those of you that hate spoilers, but it has to do with the way he gets rid of girls. He ironed out the wrinkles by not giving out a final rose in the last ceremony. Or something like that...

And you know what. He's totally right! I'll admit, it's not that hard to weed out the baddies from the goodies. But it usually takes me until at least the final four showdown to figure out the top contender.

Kade's confidence in such strategy solving?

"I'm a man! We all think the same way."

Ughhhh... Are you freaking serious?!

I guess that's why The Bachelor isn't geared toward men. There's no surprises.

Men.

That's all I have to say about that.

Cheese and men. Now that's a craving.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Girrrrrl, I soooo wish you were coming down with your mom next week!!! FIRST OF ALL, it would be so fun to have you here for several days & get to hang out. SECONDLY, you could come to our Bachelor party Monday night. It is THE BEST show to watch purely for mocking reasons. They really give so much mocking-material, it's pathetic. And kudos to Kade for enduring the sappy/overly-dramatized/pathetic/how-can-they-even-keep-a-straight-face show. Kevin refuses to watch such trash with me, even if I begged. Truly, though, this season has had BY FAR a record number of totally bad/awkward kisses--which may be in part to the dude's inherently weird need to grab every girl's CHIN as he kisses her. Go ahead girl, indulge in the trashy TV. Just know you're not alone!

AND CONGRATS on the baby news!!! I am so so so thrilled for you guys!

jeff and char said...

we have been watching that stupid show, i never had seen it much either, brittney spent the night and had to watch it, yea we then had to watch the next week and the next so i guess we are hooked and jeff just happened to be there when brit was watching so he watches also we just have to watch again so we dont miss the most dramatic rose ceramony ever, i am beginning to think they say that alot!!! hows the hair?

Megan said...

Erin-

I didn't notice the chin grabbing! I must watch for that. Yeah, it would be way fun to go to your Bachelor party. I'm jealous my mom gets to go play in Vegas for a week. Have fun!

The Nelson's said...

Everything you said is so true but yet we all keep watching it.. and by the way dusty is a faithful watcher of it also!!