Kade, my parents, and I went to Vegas the first week of December for the National Finals Rodeo. I can't believe I'm just blogging about it, because we had an absolute blast!
This was Kade's first time at the NFR. I hadn't been since high school. And you know, my parents are old hands at the NFR - but they haven't been in a couple of years.
It was a quick trip, we left Thursday and left Vegas on Saturday for St. George, and we drove home Sunday. Way too much to do in Vegas for that short of time. There's always next time, I guess - just a good excuse to head to Vegas again.
Kade has been to Vegas twice, but never really got to see the infamous Strip. So we showed him around a bit. But only from the car. We really didn't have time to walk around much.
This was Kade's first time at the NFR. I hadn't been since high school. And you know, my parents are old hands at the NFR - but they haven't been in a couple of years.
It was a quick trip, we left Thursday and left Vegas on Saturday for St. George, and we drove home Sunday. Way too much to do in Vegas for that short of time. There's always next time, I guess - just a good excuse to head to Vegas again.
Kade has been to Vegas twice, but never really got to see the infamous Strip. So we showed him around a bit. But only from the car. We really didn't have time to walk around much.
{Right after the rodeo at the Thomas and Mack. Funny, I didn't notice until now that the girls are in black and the boys are in blue. My mom and I always match, accidentally of course, but Kade and my dad - that's a new one.}
{We stayed at the Rio. A fun place to stay off the strip.}
{No we didn't have seats this good - thanks to crappy Stubhub - who I will NEVER buy tickets from again!!! (Long story.) }
{This little cutie (Jake Owen) was the opening act one night of the rodeo. I had no idea who he was, until I came home and looked him up. He's got some pretty good songs on the radio.}
{We had a late dinner at the Harley Davidson cafe one night. It was a little less "Harley" than we thought it would be. Actually, I ate here about 10 years ago, and it was pretty happening. Guess it's lost it's shine.}
{I begged everyone to eat at Bobby Flay's restaurant, The Mesa Grill. We tried to go for lunch one day, and they were closed until dinner. So we went back the next day, which was a Saturday, and all they had was a brunch menu. Kade and Dad were not too happy! But it was DANG GOOD!}
{After boo hooing about the menu, my dad actually ended up with the best plate of food. It was called Scrambled Eggs Chilaquiles. It was eggs on two blue corn tortillas with roasted green tomatilla sauce and creme fraiche. It was yummy! Mom and I got a New Mexico Spiced Pork Tenderloin sandwich and Kade got a Mesa Burger. YUM!! I definitely recommend. But if you want more variety - don't go on Saturday or Sunday during Brunch.}
{Ok, I know it's been a while since I've been to Vegas, but what the heck!!! I couldn't find a single slot machine that would take a quarter! All of them wanted cards! I was so excited to slip in a couple quarters, so was mom, she brought a whole Ziplock bag full of them. Totally denied!! Hmmm... I guess that's good that we couldn't gamble. Whatever!! It totally stunk. What the heck is a penny slot if you can't put in a penny!}Let's see, what else did we do? Oh! SHOPPED AND SHOPPED AND SHOPPED!! Cowboy Christmas is the best trade show ever! We hit up the other trade show at the Sands Expo too. I heard there was a third at Mandalay Bay Hotel, but we didn't quite make it there. Next time!
{Kade was dying after the first hour of shopping with my mom and I! Too much to look at!}
{We took Kade to a strip show. JUST KIDDING!!! This is basically all you see on the Strip anyway! When this girlie pulled up right beside us on a bus, we (My dad and Kade) couldn't help but take her picture. }Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time, and for all the memories! Next time we are totally buying tickets from a scalper - even if it's illegal!










3 comments:
what a fun trip, i have not been there for like 15 years, i bet it has changed i think that would be a fun rodeo to go to!
What a quick vacation, but it sounded really fun! I've never been to Las Vegas, it is on my places to visit list though.
Okay. 1. Total bummer to know you all were in town and we didn't even catch a glimpse of you guys! and 2. Mesa Grill for dinner is TOTALLY worth coming back for dinner. It ranks at one of the best places we've eaten at down here. Glad you had fun, though. :)
Post a Comment