Thursday, October 16, 2008

Go Pink for October

As most of you know, pink is not my favorite color.

I kind of despise it. I think probably because I was drowned in a sea of pink as a little (and only) girl. Like Pepto Bismol, it kind of makes me throw up in mouth a little.

I am willing to overlook my spat with pink to celebrate October as
National Breast Cancer Month.



It's almost been a year since Mom discovered she had breast cancer. She's recovering and doing great now. But she never asked to become an advocate for breast cancer awareness.

But in a way, she automatically is.

The other day, Mom went to the bank and two acquaintances didn't even recognize her. Mom told them that from now on, every time they see her, to let her face be a remembrance to get a yearly mammogram.

Wow, Mom. What a powerful message you sent them. You are braver than you know.

I found the following video on Youtube. Very cute and funny. But I hope we all remember it's message.




Congrats Mom for making it this far. Your One Year Mark will be here before you know it.


And let Mom be a reminder to YOU of breast cancer PREVENTION and EARLY DETECTION! The rest is up to YOU!

Do you really want these guys doing it for you?



Didn't think so.

5 comments:

Beth said...

OK, the guys offering the breast exams cracked me up! But, were there supposed to be other pictures? The only one I see is of your mom. LOVED the post, though. You're right. You're mom ROCKS!!!

Megan said...

There are two videos, a pink ribbon, and Mom's pic. I wonder what you're seeing. That's weird.

Marsha said...

Thanks guys I'll do my own exam!

Sherrie said...

ya I am not getting the pix either! But Marsha CONGRATS!!! You rock and I love you!! Megan I have just one thing to say to you .... you me 3 days and 60 miles!!

Becky and Paul said...

YOUR MOM IS LOOKING SO GOOD. I LOVE HER NEW HAIR DOO!!!! ALSO MY HUSBAND SAYS HE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT JOB!!!!